Old and new Tollhouse
"Altes Mauthaus" and "Neues Mauthaus"
The Inn bridge offered an excellent opportunity to collect customs duty and taxes on merchandise, and so the old tollhouse whose 16 th century Renaissance archways are particularly remarkable, was erected directly next to the Heiliggeist-Spital.
Later on, the official toll post was moved to the
building opposite (the corner of the Shustergasse /
Schmidtzeile). Prominent on the new tollhouse is the
polygonal arch with its angel sculpture (W.Leb 1497) which
signifies the membership of the town of Wasserbug to the
rich Dukes of Bavaria-Landshut.